What are the top entrepreneurial skills I must have or develop to become a successful entrepreneur?
If one wants to be an entrepreneur, there are some personal skills one can develop to be even more succcesful at this. Business school are full of this. Here is a list that helps reviewing your personal skills and competency level.
Some core concepts
- Risk taking (taking leaps of faith, failing, trying, repeating)
- Drive (you must do it yourself, you need to want it)
- Preparedness & experience helps
- Open for the new and to learning (curiosity)
- Can do attitude (practical)
- High energy
- Resilience (when things are not going to plan)
- Have a vision (know where to go in 5 years from now)
- Know/learned about the business – very important on the business success
- Have experience (a few working years experience really helps, most entrepreneurs start after 35 year so they have more experience under their belt.
- Open to people (as you will have many contacts with others)
- Financial insight (all about revenue)
- Leadership / managing a team
- Cooperation with others (working with suppliers on getting things done)
Entrepreneur MBTI profile
In MBTI measurement this would be the ideal ENTP or ESTP person – for your personal characteristics. An Entrepreneur (ESTP) is someone with the Extraverted, Observant, Thinking, and Prospecting personality traits. They tend to be energetic and action-oriented, deftly navigating whatever is in front of them. They love uncovering life’s opportunities, whether socializing with others or in more personal pursuits.
This only shows if you have a character that fits the profile. One can be of any character and still be a good entrepreneur.
List your strenghts
Find the core strengths of what you can do, this will hugely help to check your potential. Are y our good with finances, people, sports, concepts, etc. This approach will help you what you will do very good, for the other weakness you can structure your future team to support your weaknesses (for example, hire an accountant for the financials, or a webdeveloper for your website, if you don’t have the skills or don;t want to get involved in these areas. Find your strenghts, this helps you a lot to firmer stand yoour ground. Being an entrepreneur and a leader requires that you know yourself and so can work and learn to improve and adapt to these strenghts. You might be great at dealmaking, customer contact, finances, webdesign, concept thinking, visual, or numbers. Knowing this helps a lot.
Skills for a great entrepreneur
A great entrepreneur must be able to effectively communicate, sell, focus, learn, and strategize. An ability to continuously learn is not just a key entrepreneurial skill, but also a very valuable life skill. Growing a business requires a sound strategy based on inherent business sense and skills.
What personality is best for business? 8 Personality Traits of Successful Business Owners
- Personable, Outgoing, a People Person. You have to be able to sell your product, yourself, your business.
- Driven, Motivated, Confident. ..
- Risk Taker and Proactive. ..
- Good with Numbers. ..
- Goal Oriented and Future Focused. …
- Passionate. …
- Leadership. …
- Honest and Humble.